Friday, March 6, 2015

Trades for March 6, 2015

I have a habit of doing stupid things on Friday's, usually being up a lot and then getting in one stupid trade and finishing red, and then I think about it all weekend.  So today, I went in with a "taking it easy" mentality, and I did take it easy and didn't give anything back.

OREX, I shorted into the parabolic and covered into the pullback with the plan to reshort again if it failed to make a new high, I was having some internet connection issues and Suretrader was also having some connection issues,  but I was watching it push to 7.38 and almost shorted it, but I was trying to wait and see if it would rip past HOD, then when it failed, it turned quickly because of SSR, and I never got back in.

CRMD, I missed the short at the open, I wanted a parabolic, it was a good chart for a weak open r/g move as Nate had posted on scan, but I didn't take that either.  I missed some shorts 8.10-8.25, I wanted it to go higher, traded it long a little bit but it was really low volume choppiness and my entry wasn't great, I got some partial fills, and eventually sold it all for a few cents profit.  Almost went long at 7.67 but I canceled order (that I put in on the first candle to 7.67 and didn't get filled), it was a crowded trade and it trapped shorts around the VWAP over/under and red on the day, and then squeezed back up, eventually to new HOD's in the last hour.

ANTH, I had a decent average, I missed covering my first entry on the quick pull to 6.20 for 10 cents, I had an order in at 6.17, then I was trying to cover on the bid to just take it off because it was still grinding up, but no fill.  It popped over HOD but then looked like it was failing so I tried to add at 6.34 and got 463 filled, I tried to cover some around 6.20-6.23 but no fills.  Big bid prop came in at 6.25, and I covered everything at 6.26.  Almost got back in when 6.25 was getting hit, but didn't, then it did finally pull like I wanted but I was already out.

Total for the week = $2786 before comissions


FOR NEW READERS ONLY: If I am scaling in and out of a position, that is considered one trade until I am completely out of the position and then it becomes a new trade, that's why some trades have a lot of shares, even if I never had that much at once, if I cover half and then re-add my cover, it's still considered one trade until I am completely out.  The entry is the average of the entries and the exit is the average of all the exits.  The entries/exits are rounded to 2 decimal places, but the exact number is calculated for the PnL, so that's why the dollar amount may look different than what you see. (it may be 7.165 instead of 7.17, etc).  Also, you can click on the charts if you want to make them bigger to be able to better see the entries/exits.


SSH
Type Entry Exit Shares +/- $Amt $ PnL % Pnl
Short 4.09 3.93 1000 0.16 $160.00 3.91%


OREX
TypeEntryExitShares+/- $Amt$ PnL% Pnl
Short 7.38 7.19 1800 0.18 $326.00 2.46%
  • Lessons:
  • Sometimes have to be one step ahead when SSR is on, anticipating a lower high
  • Opening minute LOD (6.76), held as support later on and it grinded back up, good place to be covering if you were still short or potentially go long 

EYES
TypeEntryExitShares+/- $Amt$ PnL% Pnl
Long 17.10 17.15 800 $0.05 $38.00 0.28%
  • Lessons:
  • Don't stay in when it's just hanging around, close to red, and not bouncing, I tried to sell on the ask a few times but couldn't get filled, this could have easily went to 16.50 and not looked back, I got lucky with a 300 share add and the bounce to sell into for small profit

CRMD
TypeEntryExitShares+/- $Amt$ PnL% Pnl
Long 7.89 7.92 2000 $0.03 $61.86 0.39%


ANTH
TypeEntryExitShares+/- $Amt$ PnL% Pnl
Short 6.31 6.26 1463 0.05 $77.04 0.83%

No comments:

Post a Comment