Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Trades for March 4, 2015

I think this is my second best day ever (best is 2.8k) (where I actually finished the day up this much instead of giving it all back from being overconfident and forcing things with too much size).  I was up $1400 in the first 30 minutes, and then forced myself not to trade much the rest of the day, to make sure not to give it back.  I really minimized the profit on my NVGN short, this would have been the "short and hold" type play that I'm trying to get better at, I wanted another push to short into but it never came.  A good spot to re-short would have been around 4, where it retested twice and previous support was becoming resistance, and it was also rejecting the VWAP.  Also 3.75ish turned out to be a key area where it peaked out a few times throughout the day, and that's where it started it's slow fade to 3.20's in the last 2 hours. I didn't trade NVGN again because I don't really like trading slow grinding up or fading down stocks, but I should try to get better at holding stocks short that I have conviction in for the "bigger picture idea".  I also minimized OREX, selling super early from my bottom tick washout long, and covering right before a huge washout later in the day, just like I did a few times yesterday.  All in all, a really great day, can't worry too much about "shoulda, woulda, coulda".


FOR NEW READERS ONLY: If I am scaling in and out of a position, that is considered one trade until I am completely out of the position and then it becomes a new trade, that's why some trades have a lot of shares, even if I never had that much at once, if I cover half and then re-add my cover, it's still considered one trade until I am completely out.  The entry is the average of the entries and the exit is the average of all the exits.  The entries/exits are rounded to 2 decimal places, but the exact number is calculated for the PnL, so that's why the dollar amount may look different than what you see. (it may be 7.165 instead of 7.17, etc).  Also, you can click on the charts if you want to make them bigger to be able to better see the entries/exits.


OREX



Type Entry Exit Shares +/- $Amt $ PnL % Pnl




Long 7.76 7.94 1000 $0.18 $180.00 2.32%
Short 8.22 8.05 2000 0.16 $330.00 2.01%
Short 8.69 8.52 950 0.17 $161.50 1.96%
Short 8.94 8.85 1000 0.09 $92.50 1.03%
Short 8.68 8.41 1000 0.27 $270.00 3.11%
  • Lessons:
  • Try to be more patient on the first minute candle washout, often it will spike past the HOD
  • Try to better recognize a huge "stuff" and possible tank on news and don't cover so early

NVGN
TypeEntryExitShares+/- $Amt$ PnL% Pnl
Short 4.24 4.05 4571 0.19 $865.59 4.47%
  • Lessons:
  • Try to be more patient with a winner on at least some of the position
  • Can always get back in, $4 support became resistance and it soon faded to 3.50
  • Can take a small short midday into a resistance area, even if the action is slow, and be patient with it, looking to hold for a few hours for a "late day fade"

RIGL
TypeEntryExitShares+/- $Amt$ PnL% Pnl
Long 3.14 3.17 3000 $0.04 $110.94 1.18%

No comments:

Post a Comment